Sometimes small changes on your squeeze page can make significant improvements in your conversion rate.
Just think – if you improve your squeeze page conversions by just 5%, and right now you’re getting 100 people to your page per day, that’s almost another 2,000 subscribers a year for what might take you 15 minutes to tweak.
So go ahead, test out these 5 ideas and see how much you can improve the conversion rate on your page…
1. Bigger is better. Tests have shown that the bigger the button on your squeeze page is, the higher your conversions will be. Test making your button larger and see what happens. If your conversions increase, then increase the size of your button again and retest to see if your conversions continue to improve.
2. Bolder and Brighter is Better. Tests have also shown that making the opt-in button a very bright, contrasting color can increase conversions. We’re not talking obnoxious psychedelic hurt-your-eyes orange here, but a color that still goes with your page while standing apart from everything else on your page. Test changing your button color to something eye-catching and see if your conversions don’t increase by 3% or more.
3. Two Steps are Better Than One. This goes against what most people think, but test show it’s often true – if your squeeze page only contains a button and no form, you can get a higher conversion rate.
The way it works is the prospect clicks a button to download the report, and up pops a form asking for their email address. At this point they’ve committed themselves and thus are very likely to take the extra step to fill in the form.
Using this two step sequence seems to bypass their need to “think about it” and instead they simply do it.
4. When using the two step squeeze page, use this copy on your button: “Click Here To Download”. Simple and highly effective because it tells them very clearly what to do. Again, test this against what you’re using now.
5. This is old school, but bears repeating: Your headline should be so riveting, they would continue reading no matter what else is happening around them. If your headline doesn’t pass that test, improve it.
This can make the biggest increase in your conversions, sometimes doubling and even tripling them if you go from a bad headline to a great headline.
Improving the conversion rate on your squeeze page means more prospects for the same amount of effort and advertising, which means more sales and more money in your pocket.
If you do nothing else online, perfect your squeeze page to make the most of the traffic you send to it, and then send your list high converting affiliate offers. You’ll be shocked at the results you get.